CAMPSITE # 19 - Dirty, smelly people

We choose the next site, Woods Reserve in ACT for two reasons mainly - 
1) It was on our way back to Yass as we would hopefully collect a fit and healthy Charlie within the next few days (I said hopefully!!).
And two... please brace yourself for number two as it's not something I'm proud of but was something I was absolutely longing for...
2) Our Camps5 book said that it had hot showers. And I hadn't had a hot shower in SIX days! Now before you all cringe at our lack of personal hygiene I must stress that this doesn't mean we haven't washed at all... we had at least 3 swims in the ocean and a couple of ridiculously cold showers at Pebbly Beach. But there's nothing like a good hot shower.


The Camps Australia Wide book that I mentioned is something that we definitely could not live without. Anyone doing any sort of camping/caravaning anywhere in Oz should own this book. You can buy the one without the photos for something like $55 or the one with campsite pictures for $80ish. Don't be a stinge!  Buy the one with the pictures... $80 is an investment as we have saved so much $$$ on not having to pay for sites everywhere we go.


Now that I have said that, you'll laugh at what I'm about to say.


We arrived at the lovely Woods Reserve. It's amazing how much it has regrown since it was dramatically hit by the firestorms in January 2003 which sizzled a huge amount of ACT bushland. ACT have done alot of rejuvenating the area.
Woods Reserve is on a creek where loads of wildlife like to watch you while you enjoy your stay. First thing I did when we got there - went to check the showers of course. And what do you know, somebody please shoot me - I have been sitting on the edge of my seat the entire drive here with excitement from standing under a nice scoldingly hot shower... press the button and not even a dribble in sight. At this point, I hated that stupid book. All I wanted was a shower, was that too much to ask?



After a few hours of stewing, the ranger drove straight passed us to turn on what stupid City Girl Amy thought to be a blower. You know, cause you drive out to the sticks to blow some leaves. Tom (I feel more man points coming on) cottoned on to the fact that he was actually pumping water... yippee he was pumping water. The showers took ages and conked out on Tom that night so I patiently waited for a good shower the next morning.. and it was amaaaaaazing. I love that book all over again. ;)

Along the drive to Woods...


No comments: