CAMPSITE # 69 - Hamilton, England

Site : Hamilton Camping Area, TAS
Camping Ground Rating : 13 / 20
Facilities : Hamilton is a historic Tasmanian town with beautiful meadows and views so similar, you would almost think you were in England. Hot Showers - $1 for 5 mins, flushing toilets, undercover shelter, free BBQ & power. Special mention to the 30 minute river walk which was the highlight of the stay, simply breathtaking.


From Lake Gordon, we had two days up our sleeves to venture (once again) back to Launceston. My mum had decided to make a spontaneous flight down to Tassie to join us & to see how much sightseeing we could possibly squeeze in in four days.

On route towards Launceston, we stopped in at Russell Falls. Now, we have seen a dozen or so waterfalls since being on the trip but I truly believe this one just took the cake. (I know, I know I say that at every waterfall... but how could you not? They're simply so stunning!) Alongside Bay of Fires, The Beer Drinking Pig and Wineglass Bay, I would officially like to add Russell Falls as an absolute must see for anyone travelling to Tassie. The best part is, you stand right at the base of the falls and you look up towards a giant staircase of waterfalls... photos just don't do it justice.

I mentioned that Hamilton had beautiful meadows.. I wasn't lying...



And gorgeous sandstone cottages from the 1850's, now converted into B&B's


We took a much needed break in Hamilton, spending two nights there with a full day of chilling out at the campsite and re-organising ourselves. I sat down with my calendar to calculate what we would do in Tassie after Mum left up until we left on the boat, what I thought to be 2 weeks later, only to find out that we actually on have one more week left in Tassie. When I told Tom, the two of us felt sad... our adventure around this amazing island was almost over and we had so many wineries, cheese factories and distilleries to visit.. better get the skates on!!


Me (unsuccessfully) platypus spotting.... nothing else.

No comments: