CAMPSITE # 66 - Cloudy Bay, Bruny Island

Camping Ground Rating : 6 / 10
Facilities : Best part about staying at this site is you get to drive along the beach to get to the campsite. The Camps 5 books says it's free camping but it's actually $10 per night. Drop Dunny. No showers.


I thought Tom was having me on when he pulled the Troopie up on the side of the road, hopped out to pick some berries off a rather weedy looking bush. I was initially rather cautious about eating these little berries off the bush. So, I watched Tom dropped three of them in his mouth and waited, just to make sure he didn't spasm or froth from the mouth. Once I knew they were safe, I tasted my very first sweet sweet Blackberry quickly followed by another and another and another.
Apparently, these Blackberry bushes are very common on the roadside in England. Tom proceeded to tell me how much it reminded him of home and how he wished he could have one of those Blackberry Crumbles his mum used to make. As I ran a quick checklist through my head of ingredients, I realised, I could make that!

So, I made a Blackberry Crumble at our camping ground in Cloudy Bay and baked it in our cob for 25 minutes. Tom and I had a very (naughty) tasty dinner that night... :) We've now started a craze ... Blackberry Crumble is officially on the list of most favoured desserts.. and they're fresh and cheap... even better!!!

While the weather was somewhat behaving itself, we ducked up to Cape Bruny to check out the view and the lighthouse there. And, I think I'm slowly managing to path the way to my illegitimate geology degree... below you will find Columnar Jointed Basalt... and I didn't even need any help with this one this time!!!


This was taken from Cape Bruny with South East Tasmania in the distance...

Move over Fraser Island.. there's a Troopie on the beach in Tassie!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Liking the Tazmania pics, fishing is good there also, so I hear. Very interested in the basalt, is there loads of it?

Oz Troopers said...

I can confirm that the fishing here is very good, both marine and fresh. There seem to be plenty of fish eager to get onto the plate and give a good bit of sport in the meantime. As for the basalt there is a good deal of that to. Almost to the point that you get sick of seeing it... almost :-)