CAMPSITE # 155 - I still call Australia home.

We did it! We got to the top... yippeeeeeee!!


I couldn't believe the road we took to get there. It was as though you really had to work hard to reach the top, no road signs directing you to where you wanted to go followed by seriously corrugated dirt roads followed by a rather deep creek crossing.






Taking the 15minute rocky walkway to the tip was quite a humbling feeling. I felt like Cadell Evans crossing the finish line of the Tour de France, or like Donald Bradman smashing century after century, or like Cathy Freeman in her condom suit in front of her home crowd at the Sydney Olympics. It was as if we had travelled all of this way around Australia just for that moment.

When I reached the top of that final peak and looked out towards the sign before me, I felt proud to be an Australian. At that point, I wished I had an Australian flagged draped over my back so I could do laps around the stadium as the whole crowd cheered as we all merrily sang together our national anthem.





We did it!!




The three of us perched on top of a shady rock and made our message in a bottle. Who knows where it might end up? Either way, hopefully they'll log onto the blog and let us know (let's just hope they speak English!!!)

Jim did the honours of throwing it out...



Afterwards, we jumped back in the car and took a short drive to meet up with our friends, The Morgans, and camp at...

Site : Punsan Bay Camping GroundRating : 14 / 20
Facilities : W
OW!!! One of the nicest beach camping spots yet! RIGHT on the beach. Campfires allowed. Glorious outlook with beautiful sunrise & sunsets. Showers were disappointing - no lights so it was like showering in a dark prison cell. Very reasonably price $25 for the three of us for an unpowered beachfront site. Above ground swimming pool & restaurant. Two additional points from Tom but just one not two from me due to my scary shower.


This photo was not enhanced in any way, check out how blue the water is...









Us & The Morgans... Jayne, Rhys, Darren & Angus...

No comments: