THE QUESTIONAIRE

Tom and I thought it would be a nice idea to write out a few questions about the trip so far and then sit down separately and write out our answers. In a few months time, we'll tackle the same questions again and see how they compare...

 
What’s the best experience you’ve had so far on the trip?
TOM : The day of walking to get to the top of Kosciusko, a very easy walk really but lots of fun and a great spot of exercise in the great outdoors. 


AMY : Working on my tan!! All of those hours spent lying on the beach under the sun, I feel relaxed just thinking about it.


What’s the one thing you miss the most about your “old life”?
TOM :  MONEY!!! No not really, I miss seeing all of our friends regularly. That’s one of the hardest things about being on the road, feeling like you’re missing out and missing friends.


AMY : Having my family and friends just a short drive away.

 What’s the one thing you miss the least about your “old life”?
TOM : Being rung up late in the afternoon to be told you are needed out on site the next day for two weeks.

AMY : Well duh! That’s easy, working!!

 What’s the one thing you love the most about being on the road?
TOM : The fact that everything that happens while we are on the trip is a product of our input and how we deal with the situations we are faced with, when we have a really good day it is so rewarding to know that our choices have led to it. When we have a bad day, for whatever reason, we can sit back and look at what we did wrong or work out how we are going to tackle the situation to make sure tomorrow is another cracker!
1.  
 
AMY : Freedom!! Doing whatever we want to every single day.


In retrospect, what would you have done differently about how you’re setup?
TOM : I would have booked the Troopy in to have a new head gasket fitted while we were both still on a steady income!

AMY : I would have made the shelving unit 2 inches shorter so then we could sit up & not slouch.
 

One thing you wish you brought with you but didn’t?
TOM : My brother gave me a small coffee percolator for Christmas two years ago and I left it behind as I thought it would be good to lay off the coffee. In retrospect I think that a good coffee every now and again would be a real treat and I wish I still had Bill’s gift with me.

AMY : 16 bottles of Absolut Vanilla Vodka.

If you could chose one person in the whole world to join you on the trip for one week, who would you choose?
TOM : My Dad
1.   
 
AMY : As I don’t believe in favouritism, I would chose my two nephews as they are both so small two of them would make up for one big person. LOL no doubt after one week, we’d be pretty keen to hand them back ;)


If you were sat in a fine dining restaurant with everything in the world on the menu, what would you choose?
TOM : Mum’s chicken and spinach lasagne, sweet potato and a lovely fresh salad straight from the garden with some English new potatoes. Mum would also have to be there to make it so of course I would ask the chef to join me for dinner.


AMY : A fresh seafood platter including mud crabs, Moreton Bay Bugs, prawns, oysters, mussels, lobster, calamari, the lot!!

If you could have any drink in the world right now, what would you have?
TOM : a bottle of Don as I’ve never had it before and would be keen to see what all the fuss is about without having to part with the hard earned 


AMY : A Lychee caprioska in a two litre cocktail glass.

If you were given $100 of ‘free money’, which you couldn’t spend on the trip, what would you spend it on?
TOM : I would treat Amy to have a full head of foils and a hair cut (I have no idea of course how much all of that would come to but that’s what I would put it toward anyway).

AMY : I’d get my hair done.

3 comments:

Red Nomad OZ said...

Haha! What a great quiz!! Some interesting comments - can't wait to see how many answers change as time goes on!!

Happy travels!!

The Retro Roamers said...

It is always interesting how we analise our travels....enjoyed your answers.

Must agree, we like working on the tan too. We are hanging out for a dose of vitamin D on a beach somewhere.

Won't see much sun here however to work on the tan, with north Queensland battening down for around 500mls of rain in the coming days. Looks like a wet old Christmas.

Enjoy the Chrissy break.

Cheers & beers

Us.

Anonymous said...

Question 7 brought a tear to my eye... twice. Sophxo