CAMPSITE # 30 - PICNIC POINT PARADISE

I know it must seem like we absolutely love every single beach campsite but this one really was... paradise. Apparently there are disaster flood warnings throughout a majority of NSW at the moment, just 1.5 hours from Picnic Point - Queanbeyan just outside of Canberra was listed as a disaster flood area where their major shopping centre was closed off and underwater. You would never have known. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and for the majority of our stay, we were the only campers there so we scored the best site with our very own private access to the beach and a perfectly sloping freshly mowed grassy hill designed just for sunbaking. 

For as long as I can remember, I used to never know how to be completely relaxed. Even when we would go away for the weekend, camping at the beach or overnighters to Byron - I've only recently realised that I was never completely relaxed. My brain was constantly thinking about things I hadn't done at work or worrying about where I was going and what I was doing next.
Do we really need to quit our jobs and go travelling to feel free and relax?
Can we actually learn to completely switch off in between working 9-5?
Does it really take getting to the point of swaying in the hammock in the sea breeze under the gorgeous beaming sunshine, while wiggling our toes to the Gypsy Kings, just metres from the beach to feel truly relaxed?
At Picnic Point, that's all we did, all day. And it was freaking amazing!!! I'm now in the frame of mind that I'm petrified of someday going back to 'real life'. I suppose as we nearer the end of our journey, we'll begin to look forward to going back to our "old life". I just hope that I take away with me this incredible feeling of being so free and I don't once again get trapped into that horrible daily grind cause, it's not worth it.

There's no such thing as too hard and the only person we can blame for unhappiness is ourselves. If feel drunk with happiness and it's bloody awesome. (Gees, I should write bumper stickers!!).

Bega is famous for Bega...


We stood at the cheese tasting for about 30minutes. After receiving some strange looks, we figured we should probably buy our favourite "Strong and Bitey"...



Choccie pudding in the camp over... just like at home :)



Simpson Special - toastie Strong & Bitey sandwiches


Message in a Tabassco Bottle. Sent off 9am 10th Dec 2010... requested finder to post comment on blog, we shall see :)



No comments: