CAMPSITE # 165 - Technology take over?

Stopping over at Sarina, 30km south of Mackay, was never really part of the plan. It was more a stopover from lack of desire to continue driving. We were quite lucky to stumble across the Caravan Park we found, it was extremely well maintained with perfectly manicured lawns - always a favourite for me!!


Site : Sarina Palms Caravan Village
Rating : 10 / 20
Facilities : Like I said - amazingly well maintained. Ok distance into town but Sarina isn't really that exciting. $27 for a powered site. 


I spent the afternoon sat at camp, enjoying the fluffy green grass, sunshine and the comforts of a real campsite with all of the perks i.e. power & running water. I got out my laptop to spend an hour or so blogging my little heart out. Not long after I just sat down, our neighbour from the caravan aside from us, poked his head around the corner, looked me up and down and said "Gees love, get off that bloody thing, you're wasting away a beautiful afternoon". I glanced up at him and in shock just gave him an uncomfortable smirk and then quickly returned my eyes to my computer screen. As I stared blankly at my screen for the next 10 minutes, my brain was busy thinking of a reply. I think I'm still thinking of a reply, what do you say to that? 


Later that night, Tom and I sat out under the stars enjoying a steak and vegies cooked on our gas stove under our only dimly lit LED light. As I relayed the story of the afternoon's events to Tom, we turned our heads towards his caravan. Through the window of a very well lit caravan, I could see a shadow of a man lying on his bed watching TV as his wife was busy working her way around their kitchen, removing their uncooked meal from their oversized fridge and was busy cooking it in the microwave. Hmmmm.... need I say more?


I want to know from you guys, what would you say in return to a comment like that - "Gees love, get off that bloody thing, you're wasting away a beautiful afternoon" ??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about just a plain & simple ... stuff you!?!!

Anonymous said...

Cut his electrical chord mu hahaha
:) Jane

The Retro Roamers said...

Hey Amy

Yep old farts in caravan parks, don't ya just love em'. Hate CP's with a passion, especially when you get dick heads like that.

Hey you could have always gone to one of our favourite retreats which is just up the road....Goody's. You wouldn't get knumb skulls like that there.

Cheers

Oz Troopers said...

Thanks Guys! We'll know for next time. Gotta avoid the CPs at all costs!