CAMPSITE # 83 - Uncle Pete, your scales are broken!

Site : Hancock's Lookout
Rating : 12 / 20
Facilities : On route from Adelaide to Port Augusta we found this place by recommendation. Holy amazing view Batman, just sensational! Zero facilities but we didn't care the view more than made up for it... except the clouds got in the way for sunset so unfortunately no amazing sunset shot :(


I was very surprised at how calm Tom was when I broke the news as we were driving away from Adelaide. He was surprisingly rational and understanding when I dropped the bombshell. My nickname of "Beefy" from a very (apparently) loving family member of mine was proven to live up to its name. When we were at Uncle Pete's I used his weight scales and to my (ugly, pathetic and heartbreaking) surprise... they were well and truly broken. Oh dear god, somebody please tell me they were broken?
Now, don't get me wrong I am not one of those girls to jump on the scales every second day and count how many grams she's won or loss in the last 23 minutes but eh, let's just say I definitely need to stop baking. So, I broke the news to Tom and announced... No more Nanna's Chocolate Pudding!! No more Chocolate Pancakes!! No more sweet, sweet Golden Syrup Dumplings!! We are officially from this day forward on an absolute health binge... starting with...


Stir Fry fresh vegies with Honey & Soy Sauce and brown rice


Rice cakes, tuna, celery & naughty peanut butter


Ham & Salad sandwiches ... made with love


If we're hungry, we have a carrot. If we've got the munchies, we have some dried fruit or nuts. If we crave something sweet, we have an apple. No beer (excluding when we're exercising everyday at shearing and deserve a beer at the end). Light everything - milk, sauces, everything.

When I worked at the snow for a ski season, I returned 10 kilos heavier... this trip will not be a repeat. It's not purely about losing weight it's more about a healthy lifestyle. Back in our old life, we used to have takeaway AT LEAST twice a week. Boy that's alot of money down the drain for food filled with junk. NO MORE BEEFY, right Dad!?!?!!! hehe just when you thought you got away with it I dobbed you in for being horrible... SERVES YOU RIGHT!! :)



Greg & Johnnie.. this one's for you...

1 comment:

Windsmoke. said...

As long as your a healthy weight and eat sensibly you should be alright fad or crash diets don't work :-).